Feedback and complaints

Give us feedback or pay us a compliment

We aim to work to high standards and we hope this is reflected in your experience with us. We want to continue improving our services so we welcome any feedback or compliments you’d like to give us.

If you're unhappy with any part of our service then we want to know about it.

How to make a complaint

Anyone can make a complaint. To be considered your complaint has to be about the conduct or competence of an employee or employees of BeNCH CRC. This includes their actions and decisions or failures to act or decide. Your complaint won't normally be considered if it's about something that happened, or you knew about, more than 12 months ago.

Talk to us

As a first step you might find it more helpful to talk to the member of staff involved. You can do this either face to face or over the telephone.

Write to us

Alternatively, you can make a formal complaint in writing. You should sign it and send it to:

CRC Director


Dryden House

St John's Street


PE29 3NU

The CRC Director will reply to you within five working days of receiving your letter.

What if I'm not satisfied?

If you are still not satisfied you can appeal within 20 working days of receiving a formal response. To do this, you should write to the CRC Director and explain why you want to appeal. The CRC Director will acknowledge your letter in writing, within five working days.

A panel will then look at your appeal. They might ask to meet you and the investigating officer. The outcome will be sent to you within 20 working days of receiving your letter. The panel will let you know if they need more time to make a decision.

If you’re still unsatisfied with the decision, you can write to the Prison and Probation Ombudsman. You have to do this within three months of receiving your appeal decision. You should send your letter to:

Prisons and Probation Ombudsman, Third Floor, 10 South Colonnade, London E14 4PU


If you've taken all the steps available and you're still not satisfied with the decision, then you can ask an MP to refer your complaint to the Parliamentary Ombudsman for consideration. A complaint form which gives you all the information you need can be found at